3834 South Emerson AveB, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46203, United States of America
To develop and consolidate a graduate’s skill, knowledge and experience in dialysis environment. To be an
effective member of a health care team through a structured transition program in the workplace. The Nurse
Graduate provides professional nursing care under a licensed Registered Nurse in a Facility.
At all times, the Facility/Hospital and the patient’s physician retain ultimate authority over and responsibility
for each patient’s care and treatment. This position reports to the Facility Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Assists in creating plans and provides patient care for the pediatric, adult and geriatric patients in the
facility/hospital in accordance with physician orders, DaVita policy and procedures as well as
facility/hospital policy and procedures
- Provides quality direct patient care and renal replacement therapies independently, in a professional,
considerate and respectful manner under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Interacts and communicates with hospital partners in a collaborative, respectful manner, gives pre/post
treatment report through appropriate reporting process to hospital primary RN/Staff under the supervision
of a registered nurse
- Documents patients’ physical assessment, vital signs, treatment reviews and observations in patient medical
records and brings issues to the attention of the physician and primary nurse under the supervision of a
- Documents, evaluates and implements dialysis orders under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Analyzes patient assessments, dialysis orders, laboratory results and, discusses issues with the overseeing
registered nurse and nephrologist
- Communicates emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor,
hospital staff, and the patient’s physician
- Provides initiation and discontinuation of the prescribed renal replacement therapy, including but not
limited to formulating a plan per physician orders, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with,
administering medications or other appropriate treatments, and documenting all activity appropriately on
the DaVita approved flow sheet and/or hospital EMR
- Demonstrates the ability to transfer skill set and work in other Facility/Hospital settings when required
- Attends Facility/Hospital orientation, homeroom meetings, and mandatory in-services as required
- Verifies accurate charges and documentation are submitted in a timely manner
- Enters ACOI Data accurate and in a timely manner
- Understand own professional limitations and seeks appropriate assistance when required
- Other duties as assigned
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- RN license eligible
- RN license examination must be completed within timeline allotted on offer letter. Failure to complete
or pass RN licensing exam by date stated in offer letter, will cause a termination
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals employed in this position. This job
description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required in this position. This job description does not
constitute an employment contract. 2/2
- Job Description the above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
individuals employed in this position.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required in
- This job description does not constitute an employment contract.
- Current CPR certification required
- Complete DaVita approved training programs
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all
computer systems of DaVita
LANGUAGE SKILLS WORK ENVIRONMENT
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the
essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Level III – Moderate noise (e.g., business office with computers or printers,
light traffic). No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body
fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work
routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous
DaVita provides reasonable accommodations to enable otherwise qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Physical and/or Mental
functions of a position. VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
Vision adequate to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of position.Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step at https://careers.davita.com
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at
,Marion County, IN, DaVita,