Position is responsible for assisting customers to facilitate the recording process. Position must read, understand and communicate document requirements to customers and enter document information using specialized software for recording. Works with office staff to complete recording process.
- Must review all incoming documents in order to ensure compliance with Indiana Code
- Scans documents into specialized land records management software to create a permanent record
- Interprets document information and transcribes data using recording software to create a searchable index
- Responsible for auditing information entered into land records system and corrects any errors to ensure a complete and accurate permanent record
- Responsible for ensuring documents are returned to their submitter in a timely manner
- Researches and retrieves recorded documents using software applications, microfilm and other sources as needed
- Collects and processes fees for recordings and copies
- Maintains and balances the cash drawer
- Must provide professional and courteous assistance to customers in person, by phone, and email
- Must maintain confidentiality of information
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
High school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years’ work experience in an office environment or front facing customer service role, and one (1) year’ experience in computer operation data entry. Capable of learning current recording standards and maintaining detailed quality work. Proficiency with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office. Outstanding people skills with a pleasant and professional demeanor. Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally. Must be able to multi-task without making mistakes. Must be able to collect payments, make change and balance tenders. Typing of at least 45 wpm accurately. Must be able to take direction well.
Position requires understanding of established policies and procedures related to the position. Incumbent may also rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assignments in a timely manner with a high emphasis on customer service and attention to detail. Other duties and tasks are routine in nature and performed under supervision following standard procedures.
,Marion County, IN, City of Indianapolis and Marion County,