Tax Senior Accountant
The ideal candidate must be able to successfully perform the following duties:
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Prepare tax projections and estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Prepare work papers for various book to tax differences.
- Perform year-end accrual calculations and prepare the tax provision.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns; including multistate tax preparation.
- Prepare personal property tax returns.
- Prepare other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax.
- Research projects.
- Assist in federal and state audits.
- Maintain our tax preparation system.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Other tax projects as they arise.
- Identify and assist managers in the resolution of complex client matters.
- Relationship building with clients and community contacts in an effort to contribute to business development of the firm.
- Train and mentor staff accountants.
- Prepare performance reviews.
- Assist managers and partners with various other projects.
- Analytical –collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decision; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate
person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and
promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks
increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for
and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Two to five years recent public accounting experience
- CPA Preferred (or enough hours to sit for the CPA exam).
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Strong knowledge of ProSystem fx Suite and Microsoft Office Suite including
Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with many time constraints and
Powered by JazzHR
Sponsel CPA Group
,Marion County, IN, Sponsel CPA Group,